1. Fruit and Veggie plate (pictured): Grocery ads come in Wednesday's paper so I cut out pictures of fruit and vegetables. We taped them onto a paper plate. Zach loved identifying all the items but wasn't into putting them on the plate. He was very proud of the final result and wanted to show Dad.
2. Fruit Shuttle: We have some plastic food so I put some of the bigger pieces of fruit and vegetables in a small shopping bag. I took an empty box and put it down the sidewalk. I told Zach to get a piece of fruit from the bag and put it in the box. He did it but then he brought the box back with him and he was done playing. He carried the bag with the fruit around instead and put leaves and sticks in the box. Oh well. At least he could name the fruits in the bag.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
We did the plate craft this morning, and Madeline really enjoyed it. The whole thing was over in less than five minutes but I guess you can't expect much more for a 2 year old! She wanted to do everything by herself including the gluing. Good thing it was just a glue stick. :o) She and I are eating more veggies but only if I feed it to her.... not a good habit to start. Oh well.
ReplyDelete